The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Bob W
« on: July 18, 2014, 06:33:51 AM »

Can you post another photo of the upper right corner of the tailgate?
Posted by: Brett
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:44:40 PM »

While stripping the paint off the tailgate of my '49, I discovered a series of letters and numbers painted over the original color, which was battleship gray. The 4 layers of paint on the tailgate matched the 4 layers of paint on the body, so I am assuming the tailgate is the original. There is no vin tag on the body, and I cant find a vin # on the frame either. I am aware of where they should be, but I believe they are long gone.

Is anyone able to do military id decoding? It would be interesting to learn something from the military #.

USN9417113