The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: SteveW
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:41:46 AM »

I used the Eastwood Chassis Black and their rust encapsulator. it was a long time ago and they have changed it a little bit. I really like it and it's not a problem with sunlight like POR is to my understanding
Posted by: Kirkski
« on: May 31, 2014, 06:46:55 AM »

Thank you Tim!
Posted by: athawk11
« on: May 30, 2014, 09:32:04 PM »

Quote
Of the paint over rust products out there I tend to like the Mastercoat silver stuff the best.....its exact name escapes me right now.

X2 !



I've used the Master Series Silver on two Willys frames and their Ag111 black chassis coating on the most recent rebuild.� I'm very happy with both coatings.� The black coating came in a satin finish which I prefer for an old Willys. :)


The link is below.



Tim



http://www.masterseriescoatings.com/index/



Posted by: Kirkski
« on: May 29, 2014, 04:06:11 PM »

Thanks for the info Bill!
Posted by: F Bill
« on: May 29, 2014, 10:24:02 AM »

Best is to blast, epoxy prime, and enamel or urethane topcoat. Had that done to a F-100 frame in Texas and it cost $350. Got a quote for the same thing up here in the Albany, NY area and it was $750.

All the miracle paint over rust things are compromises. Many tend to work well for their users, but....they baby their projects after they finish it, so it isn't really a fair comparison to a daily driver like the jeep was formerly.


If you wire wheel, treat it with some sort of conversion coating or ospho to stop what rust remains, then prime and topcoat...


Of the paint over rust products out there I tend to like the Mastercoat silver stuff the best.....its exact name escapes me right now.
Posted by: Kirkski
« on: May 29, 2014, 08:04:08 AM »

Any pointers specifically addressing frame restoration and coatings would be appreciated. After looking on the web I see a lot of opinions on POR15, Zero Rust, Rust Bullet and Rustoleum etc, little overwhelming. At this pint I was going to try and "wire wheel" my frame and coat with some kind of rust protection. My plan is to have the frame black ultimately. I might be able to get the frame sand blasted, I have to see what the expected cost would be though. Any information would be appreciated.