The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Quebec Jeep
« on: September 05, 2014, 10:08:27 PM »

Great pics! Thank for sharing.
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: September 05, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »

I do all the time plus a shovel, anchor spike, hammer and a tool kit. Then there is my trail bag of camera, spot, gun, glasses, field glasses, GoPro, water and sometimes food.

Here's a short clip Arlin took of us in Lost Valley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExccOyOIur0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted by: bretto
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:59:52 PM »

Do you guys bring a 5 gal can of fuel with you guys on these long  trips?
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: September 04, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »

I don't have internet in the RV park I am staying and have to go to Calvin's or Shelby's laundromat to get online.

Here is a photo of the scene on the way to Fable Valley.



I would post some videos of trips but I am using a GoPro camera and the videos are long and I think they will time out using photobucket. I may see what I can do using Utube.

We left home at 10A and got back at 11P. We drove about 130 miles round trip and walked about 7 miles. We got about 14 mpg on the trip. The Valley is a Primitive study site now and few people go down there. It was a tiring trip but a good one.

You may remember that I put a Lock Right in my rear axle and I can tell you it made all the difference climbing hills, rock, sand or dirt. Where I used to spin the tires climbing I now have a solid pull all the way up. On the other trails I have done here this year it really surprised me at the difference it made just having the Lock Right in the rear.
Posted by: Kirkski
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:40:52 PM »

WOW I really loved this, thank you for sharing!!!!! :D
Posted by: bretto
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:01:09 AM »

Thanks for sharing your pics with us.  Nice to see Carl made it out here again.  As I always say, someday I want to get down there. :)
Posted by: calvinhunt
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:28:23 AM »

Our Labor Day trip begins on an old road just a few miles west of town.




Soon we climbed into the forests of the high country.� Carl's studying the map (I don't think he trust me).




We are still climbing for the high mountain plateaus (Carl is still reading the map).




Beware of the dangerous wildlife!




Across the open spaces of the high plateaus.




Not a cloud in the sky.� On such hot sunny days we always wear long-sleeved white shirts.




After having hiked 3 miles down into Fable Valley, explored there for a couple of hours, and hiked the 3 miles back up to our Jeeps, we're heading for home.




Working our way up and over a fun spot in the trail.� A camera just can't captivate how steep the slope is.�




Pretty good articulation for a stock suspension.




Carl's turn.




Once on top we brag to each other of our climbing skills.




With lengthening shadows we've still got 2 1/2 hours of trail ride to get back home.