Thank you Guns, you obviously recognize poetic talent in its raw form. The inspiration came while still in my office on Christmas eve and the opening of a 2012 Amapola Cabernet gift from a vendor. Not as appealing of a setting as your sipping a Merlot on a sidewalk caf� in Belgium but I think the poem's quality reflects that. Inspite of the poem's vast appeal on these pages it will most likely be my last poetic effort..... PS... Longfellow is buried not far from where I live, a rumble was thought to be heard soon after I wrote that poem.
I'd have never guessed to look at you that you could have concocted such profound work. Very humbling indeed. [ch128521]. A Merry Christmas to you too!
I was just reading a poem about a Dodge Charger in Hemmings and thought why not about a Willys Jeep. So here goes about 10 minutes worth of hard work...
T'was the night before Christmas as I thought about the day, wondering why Santa did not drive a 3A. Sixty horses carrying the load and only a little oil would show on the road. Harrison heater and and a nice place to sit must be better than dodging reindeer %#$&%. Don't take the chance on delivering this day, restore a red Willy�s and dump the sleigh....
Feel free to add a line or better yet administrators feel free to delete,