The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: 3aJeeper
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:23:51 PM »

Yep...a little self indulgence going on. Lot's of fun, looking forward to next Spring.

macrisel - gonna hafta look into that lift kit!� ;)
Posted by: Jeff_M
« on: November 09, 2013, 08:14:14 AM »

I have been down that road, and it is a challenge (not that I ever needed an excuse to indulge myself).  At any rate, that's a beautiful Jeep.  Love the color!  Best of luck to you.
Posted by: macrisel
« on: November 06, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »

It sounds like you definately need to invest some time and effort back into yourself.  A TJ is a great way to do that.  I had a 2004 TJ for a few years and let me tell you, they are a blast!  While not very practical (horrible gas mileage, no bed to haul anything in, not enough torque to really pull anything, etc..) they are a blast to bomb around in.  It was really fun for my wife and little girl to load up, take the hard top off, and drive around the lake or wildlife area and look at deer......especially this time of year!

Enjoy!!!!

PS.....a small 2 1/2" or 3" lift works perfect for these without messing up your driveline angle too bad.  ;)
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: November 04, 2013, 07:03:31 PM »

Well, after all those issues I can only say I wish you well and hope everything smooths out and you can enjoy some calm times in your life.
Posted by: Matto
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:34:01 PM »

Nice ride Jeeper, sounds like you could use a little R&R.
After the bikini top you'll probably be thinking of a couple other small mods like lift kit, skid plates, rock rails, 35" tires, winch, lockers, ??
� ;D
Posted by: BMIC
« on: November 04, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »

Looks like it just came out of the showroom....
Sounds like it is time for a little self-indulgents, enjoy the ride!
Posted by: 3aJeeper
« on: November 04, 2013, 09:15:39 AM »

I recently bought a 2001 TJ as my daily driver. It's been a long time since the Cj3a has been worked on in any significant manner. Lot's of things demanding my time, mostly aging parents and terminally ill oldest brother. After 18 months, lot's of hospital visits, 2 funerals, a move to assisted living and engaging hospice (Dad is 92 and still going) I decided that I needed something to satisfy my jeep cravings.

I bought this 2001 TJ. It's got the inline 6 with A/C (for the queen), cruise and a hard top. I bought it with the hard top as winter is coming and this Florida boy gets cold easily. Come Spring, I'll put a bikini top on it. With only 108K on it there are lot's of miles left on the engine.

I am truly having a good time with this jeep. It's inspiring me to get back to the 3a. Hopefully things have calmed down and we can get to a new 'normal'.