The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: F Bill
« on: July 29, 2012, 10:33:39 PM »

Looks a lot like a steelworkers weldiong clamp.. but it is angled. Perhaps a ball jpoint press could be adapted, like the ones Harbor fright sells.
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: July 29, 2012, 01:15:33 PM »

WOW, that is a cool too. That may be something I could make and sell. Finding a C clamp stout enough to make one out of may be the issue. I'll look around.
Posted by: Gunslinger
« on: July 29, 2012, 10:08:25 AM »

Guys, I needed top pull my Steering wheel to replace the upper column bearing the other day, and I did not want to break the new wheel.  I talked to Louie Larson and he had a steering wheel puller that he borrowed me.  Great guy by the way.  Anyway here is some pictures of it, I thought anybody could copy it with a little ingenuity and the right sized C clamp.  Carl, maybe you could come up with one to sell?  Anyway here is the pics, its made by Mil Std Company, and it has fittings for multiple sixe wheels, we would only need one for jeeps.

Here is is all assembled on my wheel, it took all of about 10 seconds and my wheel popped off.

Just a big C clamp with a yoke on the bottom, the yoke has several fittings depending on the diameter of the column

These are the yokes

This is the whole set up, three yokes and three column inserts to protect the threads on the column

Here is the box, you can see the name and info on it if you look close.  I don't think it would take much to build one of these, let me know if you succeed, I'm going to try this winter as well
Adios.