The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: mrspeedyt
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:18:03 AM »

sorry for not posting for a while. my life has been on 'hold' for a while as i've been hanging around the folk's house in ventura ca... they both recently passed on during the last six months. hopefully i'll be able to be home in arizona more as the time passes. as a result of my inheritance maybe I can start working on the brakes and engine on my rough $600.3a. i'll probably never properly restore it... just want to have it reliable and ready to enjoy at a moments notice. i'll post a picture in the near future.
Posted by: GonzaloT
« on: March 28, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »

Hi, Carlsjeep, I am in Venezuela. Here are a lot of Willys but in very bad conditions. A lot of them, without documentations or data plate.

I was lucky, because I found a car in very good conditions with documentations.
Posted by: GonzaloT
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:09:18 AM »

The CJ3A was in a farm, it was a hunt jeep.
Posted by: GonzaloT
« on: March 28, 2011, 06:20:02 AM »

The emgine doesn�t have serial numbre, I gues it was "erased" in previous engine repair. I will receive the Willys from the garage this week and I will need your help to restore it.

The CJ3A has three of four original rim, the previous owner take care of it very well.
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: March 27, 2011, 05:52:54 PM »

Yes, it has a nice body. Mine is a little rough. I notice a Kilometer speedo, where are you located? The nice part about the CJ2 and 3 is you can get almost any parts you need.
Posted by: Bob W
« on: March 27, 2011, 04:24:23 PM »

Nice looking CJ-3A! What is the engine serial number?

Thanks!
Posted by: GonzaloT
« on: March 27, 2011, 01:36:57 PM »

Hi everyboby, I am a 1948 CJ3A owner (seriaL CJ3A50280). I liked the jeep from the first day that I drove one. Actually I have two, a 1982 CJ7 and a CJ3A Willys.

A friend bought a CJ3A three years ago, he is working to restore it as a M38. He always told me about the restoration process and the tales of the willys, so I start to read and try to learn more about the willys. Finally I loved the history and the versatility of the willys cars, I desided to buy one and to restored to the original conditions (It is the way of producing tribute to the willys)

Willys Data.
Model:            CJ3A
Year:            1948
Condition:      Body: Very good conditios, red, but need paint.
            Engine: In process of restoration (will be standart)
Here are some pictures:






The day of arrival Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sqFGzKq_fM

Regads.
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: March 22, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »

Best way is to keep it locked and do each new member by hand. The spamers will over come anything you try.
Posted by: MikeC4193
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »

Hey Fbill

Sorry I didnt reply on this post but here goes. Been into Jeeps (old ones) since 2007 when I purchased my first one a 1960 (same year as me) Willys pickup truck. Got another brother I think in 2009 from FBill to plow yea old estate (1965 ish CJ5). Looking for that first elusive flatfender. So I guess I got the Jeep fever. Surf a lot on the CJ2A and the Oldwillysforum but will try to stop back more as I can. Thanks for all your help. Learning as I go.

MikeC
Posted by: F Bill
« on: March 05, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »

deleted the drug dealer... Is there a membership approval process we can go thru? �:o

ANyone who joined up recently.. I sent you a PM message. Please reply asap if you get it .....Thanks!
Posted by: Forum Master
« on: March 05, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »

I unlocked the forum three hours ago so new people could register and we already have spam again.  GRRRRRR!!!!  I am going to have to lock it down permanently or find another solution. :(
Posted by: F Bill
« on: March 05, 2011, 12:08:49 PM »

http://cj-3a.com/forum/YaBB.pl?action=ml;sort=posts;letter=

If you are interested in seeing what I am trying to help out on...go to the top of your screen to the row of buttons (home, help, search, etc..)Click on members, then sort by posts....You will see we have a faithful bunch at the top, and then three pages of zero posters..Check out some of the names. They sound like the same sort of folks that keep offering me millions from dead kings in tasmania. (No, I don't have the check yet..lol)

I think I have all the enlargeyourorganforonlyadollar folks out of there..If you see any spammers you recognize let me know.. I wish I could remember who the auto parts salesmen were over at the 2A page. but I don't see any I remember in the list. Thanks!
Posted by: jamesr
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »

Agreed.  (And it probably would not work for this old fart anyway!)
Posted by: mud pie
« on: March 04, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »

Some screen names make sense for the forum; they are legit.

But if your screen name is MakeMyPenisBigForFree, or some such nonsense, yeah, I'd expect ya to be deleted....
Posted by: F Bill
« on: March 04, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »

There has been a rash of spammers on the jeep boards lately, lots of them even post bogus stuff like try a good part for your ride and then they put a link to JC WHitney or whomever they are working for. Those are the folks we are trying to weed out. If you are  a zero poster and just like to lurk, just go ahead and post anything in this thread...and you will not be eliminated by accident.

THis admin thing is new for me, I volunteered to help out and have a LOT to learn....so if I am in the wrong about anything feel free to PM me.