The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Doug
« on: April 23, 2011, 11:55:19 AM »

Awesome photos.   You are quite the jeep afficionado.   That is the first time I have ever seen wide white wall mud tires.   You sure did a nice job on that plane!  Looks great after you fixed it up.   With such a stable of past vehicles, I wonder what's in your future!!!!
Posted by: calvinhunt
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:32:22 PM »

Thanks, Larry,
  I'll follow your advise.  I'm sure it will be helpful to others, as well, who are posting with pics here on the CJ-3A Page.
Posted by: rocketeer
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:14:42 AM »

Calvin, Photobucket is having serious problems over the past couple of weeks. See if you can log on to your account. I suspect your account is one of those affected (mine was too) and that's why they're not displaying. If you can not log on, email them at the address below and tell them you can't get on. They will fix it, albeit not prefectly yet, and offer you a free Pro account for a period of time.

As far as the edit button disappearing, that's a problem with the forum software. Let's hope it gets fixed soon.

support@photobucket.com

Larry
Posted by: calvinhunt
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:20:08 AM »

Quote
Love the twin tail on that puppy. When I was working the tower for the G.O.C. there were two planes you never had trouble identifying, the ERCO Ercoupe and the Beechcraft Bonanza. �:)

Larry
You mention the planes with unique tail feathers, the Ercoupe and the Bonanza. �As I said in my response to carlsjeep, I have owned two different Ercoupes. �I have also owned two different Bonanzas as well. �Really great planes.

PS �Larry, you have been on this web site a long time. �Can you tell me why Photobucket has moved or deleted two of my original photos above? �I have also lost the "modify" button on this original post as well or I could go back and reinstall the two missing pics. �
Posted by: calvinhunt
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:13:29 AM »

Quote
:oOhhhh, Calvin that's a nice Ercoupe. Did you like it? Some did, some didn't. It was an unusual airplane.
I have actually owned two different Ercoupes. �I honestly loved them both. �I have learned that most people either hate Ercoupes or they love them. �

A few years after I owned this Ercoupe I purchased a Super Cub that was on its back after a groundloop. �I restored it, flew for a year or two and then sold it (big regret).
Posted by: rocketeer
« on: April 17, 2011, 10:56:45 PM »

Love the twin tail on that puppy. When I was working the tower for the G.O.C. there were two planes you never had trouble identifying, the ERCO Ercoupe and the Beechcraft Bonanza. �:)

Larry
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »

 :oOhhhh, Calvin that's a nice Ercoupe. Did you like it? Some did, some didn't. It was an unusual airplane.
Posted by: bayo500
« on: April 17, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »

Your jeep has wow factor...
Posted by: Matto
« on: April 16, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »

Calvin, great pictures and story. You should restore a CJ3B to add to your Jeep history.
Posted by: calvinhunt
« on: April 16, 2011, 12:07:32 AM »

jamesr, I actually might end up with the CJ-5 my friend and I picked up from you when we met in Flagstaff that day. �He was going to rebuild it but is losing interest. �It's just sitting behind his house and he's moving away. �

mudpie, Please do dig through your old pics and share some 70s experiences with us. �Love to see them. �
And no, that's not my garage at home in the photo of the tear down. �I worked at the airport. �After retiring I was granted permission to restore my Jeep in the corner of the hangar. �It was designed to be the shipping and receiving room for the hangar/shop, but it ended up receiving little use. �I was glad for the heated space to work in all winter which also gave me access to all the shop tools and equipment. �However, just a year later when I wanted to check valve clearance after 800 miles on the newly rebuilt engine, "my" corner had been remodeled into a supply room with the roll up door removed. �I'm still welcome to bring it into the airplane maintenance hangar as needed from time to time for short-term maintenance needs as seen in the pics below. �The old-timers on the CJ-3A page saw a beginning-to-end story with pics posted 3 years ago (on the old forum) when I did my restoration, so I often forget that not all are aware of my project.  But, because so many are I don't want to over do it by telling it and showing it again.
 ï¿½





Posted by: calvinhunt
« on: April 15, 2011, 11:42:01 PM »

Quote
Very cool pics! :) �The story makes them even better. �As a pilot myself, it is hard to fathom buying an airplane for $1500 �;D
Remember, that was in 1966.  Also, I wouldn't sell a refurbished 4 year old Jeep for $1500 either.  Great times--and a great time in my life.  Thanks.
Posted by: calvinhunt
« on: April 15, 2011, 11:30:59 PM »

Quote
Great pics! �That CJ2A has tool indents which makes it earlier than 1947, by the way.
Now that you have jogged my memory, I do believe it was a 46. �I have always referred to is as "My 47 Willys". �If I'd never found the old photo I never would have known. �Thanks.
Posted by: mud pie
« on: April 15, 2011, 06:13:45 PM »

You said that you've retired...I noticed in your latest project pic, you have a roll-up door and a massive power disconnect panel on your garage wall.

Is THAT the garage you have at home ??  :o  If yes, man-o-man am I jealous !!  ;D
Posted by: jamesr
« on: April 15, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »

Calvin,  Good history!  Your jeep through and through.  I have a couple of original CJ5 white canvis doors in extremely good shape, if you ever go back to rebuilding another one. Jim
Posted by: mud pie
« on: April 15, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »

Excellent pics !

Now you're making me want to dig through all my old pics, as I have been Jeepin since I was 14 (I turn 50 next week)

I was 14 in the 70's, so the clothing and hair I wore back then is sure to garner some laughs !  Yes, I even wore leisure suits....remember them Godawful things ??