The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: macrisel
« on: April 22, 2011, 09:51:20 AM »

Just thought I would update everyone on what "goodies" I have found. �Here is a picture of an ad I bought off of eBay for around $6. �I took it to Hobby Lobby to have it matted, framed and a backer added. �Total cost for everything was around $35.  I think it turned out great and it looks awesome in my office! �I have one more ad on the way that I'll do the same way. �After I finish my 3A, I'll take a nice photo of it and frame it between the two ads. �I also have my eye on a 2 foot diameter metal "Willys Service and Sales" sign from www.genuinehotrod.com

When it is all said and done, I should have a pretty cool Willy wall....

Posted by: mrman5917
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:14:55 AM »

Macrisel, I think I agree. I've been pouring over the images for the last few days and found some good ones. Thanks guys for all your assistance.

I still think it would be pretty cool to get some really high quality shots of some of the restored Jeeps from the members here. There has to be more looking for stuff like this than just me.
Posted by: macrisel
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:48:23 AM »

Thank guys!  I think they will make some nice prints for my office. ;D
Posted by: rocketeer
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:59:45 PM »

Posted by: Bob W
« on: March 29, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »

Quote
Bob, do you have a direct link to the Life magazine photos on your page? �I never could find these on the Life website.

Unfortunately I did not save the links for those photos  :(
Posted by: Jesse
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:41:12 PM »

Try looking for issues of "Country Gentleman"  I have one advertisement for a 2a but have seen a few others of 3a's and cj-5s at garage sales.

-Jesse
Posted by: macrisel
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:14:28 AM »

I bummed around on ebay and found several original brochures and ads for sale under the "collectables" section.  Do a search for "Jeep" or "Willys" and it should bring up quite a few things.  Narrow your search by entering the year of your Willys.  I had the most luck using "1950 Willys" as the search criteria.  I don't know what kind of shape they are in, but I have bid on a few of them.

Also, the link off of BobW's page to Life magazine has a few pictures of 3A's if you look hard enough....but again, there are a LOT of 2A photos from the wars.

Bob, do you have a direct link to the Life magazine photos on your page?  I never could find these on the Life website.  I was hoping to find a few nice black and white photos to blow up and frame.  A good photo shop can work wonders with a .jpeg file  ;)
Posted by: rocketeer
« on: March 28, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »

Sounds like a cottage industry waiting to happen! �Come on somebody, grab your camera and hop to it! �:)

Larry
Posted by: macrisel
« on: March 28, 2011, 12:04:54 PM »

Looks like most of the posters are for a 2A.  I too would like to find reprints of posters for a 3A.  A nice print of a 3A would certainly look better on my office walls than a painting :)
Posted by: mrman5917
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:57:17 AM »

That site that I also found via eWillys was what started this whole thing. The big project at work has finally started to get to a point where I can worry about something other than it, and realized that my office has horrific art work in it. Went looking for CJ-3A posters or adverts and I started realizing that I just hadn't seen them anywhere. Then I looked at my little Jeep toy collection at work, and with the exception of the TJ scale die-cast, the other 4 or 5 of them are all MB models.
Posted by: F Bill
« on: March 28, 2011, 07:57:51 AM »

There is a willys site that sells repops of the original ads, I am not sure how many are 3a related, but some of the farm jeep accessory ads are 3A.. If you go to Ewillys.com, it is currently the top or second banner ad on the right side. Good quality stuff.


http://www.willysjeep.com/store

Also willys tended to adbertise in teh Saturday evening Post  and I think Life....check your local antique paper ephemera dealers...
Posted by: MikeC4193
« on: March 27, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »

I got my Kaiser Willys catalog a little bit ago; I think they sell vintage advertisements. I have been wanting to get a few for my house but havent. They look really good in the magazine, not sure how they will look in person tho.
Just my 2 cents thats all.

MikeC
Posted by: Bob W
« on: March 27, 2011, 06:45:34 PM »

The Tonka Jeep (toy) resembles a CJ-3A more than any other Jeep. There were many different versions of it.
Posted by: mrman5917
« on: March 27, 2011, 06:29:28 PM »

Unfortunately, the life magazine scans are either not high enough quality for a good sized poster, or it's not something I would make a poster of. I can get a huge poster of an AMC CJ-5, but finding anything larger than an 8x10 of a 3A just seems impossible to find.