The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Write the word between words Jeep from this JeepWILLYSJeep?:
How many slot has a GPW grill?  7 - 9 - 11:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: jamesr
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:48:47 AM »

Nice buy!  Jim
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:32:38 AM »

Thanks Calvin, the trailer is better looking than the Jeep  :'( but maybe some day I can replace the body parts that are partly missing.
Posted by: calvinhunt
« on: February 10, 2011, 01:38:05 AM »

And a good looking trailer it is.  I can't believe you got that for $750.  You can get to Utah by just spending the money you saved on that good deal.  I hope to see it with a Jeep on it next fall parked in front of my house.  
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: February 09, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »



There it is and I just picked it up and got it registered and tagged. In ky we don't need tags for utility trailers but when you go out of state almost every state requires them and sometimes you get stopped and hassled to prove you really own it and didn't steal it.

I think with the Jeep on it there will be enough room in front for a tool box to store stuff in on the trip. The Jeep will set mostly over the axles far enough for some tongue weight. This spring I will make ramps and load the Jeep for a 50 mile trip to get an idea of what kind of fuel mileage I can expect. Lots of little things to do to get ready for the fall. Making some money for the trip is a major one.
Posted by: Carls_jeep
« on: February 06, 2011, 08:19:08 PM »

If you wait long enough something will come your way and it finally did. A 6'4"x16' bed trailer rated at 5000 lb showed up and I got it for $750. I will pay and pick it up Monday and it looks like new. It can haul my Jeep or my tractor and my son said he may want to use it to haul his 914 Porsche to car shows.

It looks like the Utah Jeep trip is getting more like a go than before. If I can gather enough money to make the trip we are going.

Calvin and I are trying to find others that may want to do a little Jeeping in the fall. Look for some info from Calvin. Think about it, Jeep trailing, camping out under the stars with a camp fire and a good meal of beans and ham. Never mind the methane, it's in the outdoors  :o  ;D. Think of the stories you'll have to tell your grandchildren and friends. Well, somethings may be best kept a secret  ::).